Rousing Parent Weekend Wrap Up
(See more pictures from the event here.)
Parents & Family,
Thank you to those of you who were able to attend Parent & Family Weekend. It looked like everyone enjoyed the Friday night dinner at George & Jennifer’s house (a big ks to them) and the tailgater on the UA Mall. We look forward to seeing you in the spring (the chapter will plan a Dad or Mom’s Weekend which then alternates every spring). For those that could not make it, we hope we can see you at a future event.
Additionally, you an see our other two boards here:
The undergraduates are now focussed on the following:
- Ensuring all members are succeeding academically
- Instilling in members our values
- Meeting the Kappa Sigma requirements of the Colony so they can get their Charter in the spring as well as get initiated (developing written operational materials, completing service, hosting educational programs, learning the history of Kappa Sigma, etc.)
- Seeing that members are meeting our 4 Pillar standards to move into the Chapter House in the fall (fellowship, leadership, scholarship & service) as well as not having any behavioral issues
We succeed as a fraternity when alumni, parents, and undergraduates are all “pulling the wagon” in the same direction.
So how can you help?
- If you have photos from Parent & Family Weekend, upload them here
- If you are willing to serve on the Parent Club committee (communication, fundraising, & helping plan parent events), please email Matt Noble
- If you are aware of young men that might be a good fit to join our chapter this spring or next fall, have them fill this recruitment interest form
- If you are in a position to speak on a career panel and/or have a 1 on 1 career discussion with an undergraduate, please email Matt Noble
- If you are in a position to support our Educational Foundation that provides scholarships to our members, please contribute (note: this is not a requirement; just the more funds we have, the more support we can provide to young men that either have the financial need and/or should be recognized for their academics & leadership)
Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Educational Foundation Board
Housing Corporation Board